Issue Date: Service Advisor Oct 15, 2007, Posted On: 10/15/2007
Advisor Skills: Key telephone skills
Here are some quick ideas on how to be better on the telephone.
- Arrange a specific time each day to make calls. Honor that time. Keep it as an appointment with yourself.
- Develop a pleasing voice, which comes from a pleasing attitude.
- Exude confidence and competence over the phone. Sit up straight. Talk with a smile on your face.
- Match the vocal pace and the timing of your customer.
- Have your notes in order before making phone calls.
- Don't let interruptions break up your phone calling sessions. Keep your appointment with yourself.
- Keep records. You can't improve without knowing what to improve.
- Keep yourself motivated. Aim for at least one small success every day.
- Make phone calls during the time of day that you're the most alert and energetic.
- No matter where you are in your telephone session, follow up a success with another phone call quickly thereafter. Success breeds success.
| || || |